Your trust is important to us, which is why we are committed to ensure that your privacy is secured and protected. We want to strengthen that trust by being transparent with how we collect, use and protect your Personal Information.
The information that you share enables us to provide you the services that we offer, and allow us to constantly improve it. For example, certain services such as Send Money and Cash Out are only available once you have gone through our Know-Your- Customer (KYC) process – this is to ensure that your transactions on GCash are legal and follow the rules set by the Anti-Money Laundering Council (AMLC) and Banko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP).
To constantly provide the proper protection to your information, we may update this policy every now and then to keep it responsive with Data Privacy requirements, coverage and technology security advancements. We encourage you to check this page from time to time to ensure that you are updated and pleased with any changes we made. You’re welcome to ask questions, and can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our reason why we collect your Personal Data…
We collect your Personal Data, without limiting the generality of the purpose, to facilitate your transaction needs and avail of our products and services, among others:
- Enhance your customer experience and improve, develop and determine tailored products to meet your preferences and needs;
- Communicate relevant products and/or advisories to you;
- Show you relevant ads on and off our services and measure the effectiveness and reach of ads and service;
- Abide by any safety, security, public service or legal requirements and processes; and
- Process information for statistical, analytical, and research purposes
As mentioned, we collect your data to the extent necessary to comply with the requirements of the law and legal process, such as a legal and regulatory obligation (e.g. Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) and Anti-Money Laundering Act (AMLA), or to prevent imminent harm to public security, safety or order.)
We also need your Personal Data for statistical, analytical, and research purposes to create anonymous and aggregate reports, which enables us to provide a better service to all our users, including you.
We collect the following information…
We collect your Personal Data as may be applicable. Your Personal Data that we collect may either be Personal Information (PI) and/or Sensitive Personal Information (SPI):
- Personal Information (PI) is any information from which the identity of an individual can be reasonably and directly ascertained, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual, such as: name, date and place of birth, specimen signature or biometrics, present and permanent address, source of fund or income, name of employer or the nature or self-employment or business, contact details such as contact numbers and email address, mother’s maiden name, and marital status;
- Sensitive Personal Information (SPI) is any information that falls under the category of personal information with higher security impact which we gather from the supporting documents presented, such as: government issued IDs and/or documents, cardholder data, user credentials, IDs issued by private companies that are duly registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission, student IDs for those who are not yet of voting age (below 18 years old). Selfie showing valid ID will also be collected for verification process done thru Facebook.
Our way to collect your Personal Data…
There are many ways by which we collect your Personal Data. You might have shared it through filled out forms which can either be printed or online or data input thru website, official GCash Facebook page/s and mobile applications. Collection of your Personal Data rely to the fullest extent possible on the original source. Your personal data might also have been obtained through our partners and affiliates (ie. The Human Resource Group of your company shared your information to allow you to use GCash as your payroll account (PowerPay+).
We care about the security and privacy of your Personal Data…
The security of your Personal Data, in paper and electronic format, is important to us and we take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, modification, and unauthorized disclosure by establishing and enforcing Organizational, Physical and Technical Security Measures. When there is a need for us to store your Personal Data with a third party data storage providers, we use contractual arrangements to ensure that those providers take appropriate measures that are aligned with Mynt’s Data Privacy and Information Security Policies. We will keep copies of your registration and transaction records for 5 years in adherence with the requirement of the BSP and other laws and regulations. Your Personal Data will be destroyed in irretrievable and unusable form in adherence with Mynt’s physical and/or technical information security measures when retention is no longer required.
Our need to share your Personal Data…
There are times, when we need to share your Personal Information, and we would always ask for your consent. This is unless it would be used to comply with legal and regulatory mandates set by appropriate government agencies. With your consent, we would share your Personal Data to our Affiliates, Partners and/or Contracted Third Party Service Providers for processing, marketing, research and other specified legitimate purpose. In these instances, we will ensure that your Personal Data will be secured and protected under the terms of a Data Sharing Agreement made with parties that can demonstrate sufficient organizational, physical and technical security measures to protect your Personal Data.
Your way to access or correct your Personal Data…
As we are transparent with each other, you will always have a way to access or correct your Personal Data unless there are practical, contractual and legal reasons that would prevent us from doing so. We would just need ample time to provide or correct that information for you, but rest assured it would be completed. Let us know what you think, and if you are in need of any assistance on your Data Privacy needs or concerns, you can email us at: email@example.com (Data Privacy Officer); 2882 (Customer Care).